but i like it a lot, and i wanted to put it somewhere to keep it (and its a tad bit too long for my aim away messages)
Close your eyes... And go back...
Before the Internet or the AIM
Before semi automatics and weed
Before playstation2 or X-bOX
Before the 5 hours of homework you put off every night...
I'm talikin bout Nintendo and Sega
hide and go seek at dusk.
Red light, Green light.
Playing kickball & dodgeball until your porch light came on.
Mother May I?
Running through the sprinkler
Getting the privelage to sit in the front seat of the car
Watchin' Saturday Morning cartoons
Like Rugrats and Doug
ahhh real monsters and boby's world
Or what about legends of the hidden temple, global guts, double dare, bloody mary and who, ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK!
Who could forget Snick
Or the teenage mutant ninja turtles, scooby doo, and Power Rangers,
Your first day of school
Bedtime Prayers and Goodnight Kisses
Getting an ice cream off the ice cream truck (the real ice cream truck w/ cones & banana splits)
A million mosquito bites and sticky fingers
Jumpin' down the steps
Jumpin' on the bed
Runnin' till you were out of breath
Laughing so hard that your stomach hurt and you almost peed your pants
Laughing so hard that you did pee your pants
Getting a beating
Being tired from playin' all day
Your first crush...
Rainy days at school meant playing "Heads down 7-Up" & "King chase the Queen" in the classroom
I'm not finished yet...
Kool-Aid & Icee Cups was the drink of the summer
Giving your friends a ride on your handlebars or spokes
Wearing your new shoes on the first day of school
Class Field Trips
When nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got there.
When getting high was swinging on the swing-set
When $5 seemed like a million, and another dollar a Miracle.
When your parents took you to McDonalds and you were so cool.
When Toys r Us overuled the "mall"
I want to go back to the time when...
Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe"
Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "do over!"
"Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "monopoly"
Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening
It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.
Saying cuss words were referred to the "F, B or S - word" or h-e double hockey sticks.
Being old, referred to anyone over 20.
The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties.
The only real heart break you had was when your mom wouldnt buy you that new toy
Nobody was prettier than Mom
Nobody was cooler than Dad
Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better
It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people" rides at the amusement park.
Getting an inch of snow was a dream come true.
Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare"
Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.
If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED!!!
If you read this, even if we don't speak often, please post a comment with a memory of you and me. The memory can be anything you want - good or bad. When you are finished, post this little paragraph in your blog and be surprised [or mortified] by what people remember about you.
just another day at amoco....(and i'm copying this conversation cause i'm too lazy to retype it :P) sorry i don't remember how to cut this and i can't be arsed to go look it up :)
Starry Nite7383 (11:46:04 PM): alright so i'm at work yesterday
Starry Nite7383 (11:46:10 PM): one of my regulars comes in
Starry Nite7383 (11:46:19 PM): he's 65 and a decent guy
Starry Nite7383 (11:46:32 PM): well we're talking and talking and talking and all the sudden he says
Starry Nite7383 (11:46:42 PM): "i bet you'd be an angel in bed"
Starry Nite7383 (11:46:53 PM): this is based on the hugs i give him
Starry Nite7383 (11:47:00 PM): so i texted laura to tell her that
Raldage (11:47:10 PM): *ROFL*
Starry Nite7383 (11:47:14 PM): right
Raldage (11:47:23 PM): There are literally tears in my eyes already
Raldage (11:47:38 PM): go write that in your lj so I can metaquote it
Raldage (11:47:38 PM): go
Starry Nite7383 (11:47:39 PM): hhehehe i'm glad i could be of service
Raldage (11:47:47 PM): the world needs to see that
Raldage (11:47:56 PM): copy and paste it from right there if you like
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:15 PM): haha i'm not done yet
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:17 PM): just wait for it
Raldage (11:48:23 PM): it get's better?!?
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:23 PM): so this trucker comes in later
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:27 PM): oh yeah
Raldage (11:48:30 PM): *holds back*
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:36 PM): and we're talking
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:43 PM): and i was telling him how i'm at work all teh time
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:50 PM): and he asks me how my bf feels about that
Starry Nite7383 (11:48:55 PM): and i proceed to tell him i don't have one
Raldage (11:49:03 PM): *snicker*
Raldage (11:49:10 PM): *waits*
Starry Nite7383 (11:49:22 PM): and somehow the conversation turns to the porn we sell
Starry Nite7383 (11:49:39 PM): and he asks me about a price for one and i said he'd have to let me look at it for the price
Starry Nite7383 (11:49:47 PM): and then he says you don't want to look at these
Raldage (11:49:53 PM): LoL
Starry Nite7383 (11:49:55 PM): and i said no, but i need the barcode
Starry Nite7383 (11:50:24 PM): so then we talk about why i don't like the idea of 2 girls and how he likes 2 girls and a guy alright but 2 guys and a girl won't fly with him
Starry Nite7383 (11:50:35 PM): so i text laura "today must be a sex day for me"
Starry Nite7383 (11:50:38 PM): and she dies at work
Raldage (11:50:45 PM): LoL
Raldage (11:50:52 PM): You HAVE to put that in your LJ
Raldage (11:51:01 PM): it belongs there
Starry Nite7383 (11:51:04 PM): *and* to top off my already weird night, i got hit on by the town asshole of a new cop
Raldage (11:51:11 PM): good show
Starry Nite7383 (11:51:26 PM): or something
Raldage (11:51:30 PM): heh
Starry Nite7383 (11:51:34 PM): it was a WEIRD day
Raldage (11:51:48 PM): go post it
Raldage (11:51:50 PM): please!
Raldage (11:51:55 PM): and send me the picture of Laura :P
Starry Nite7383 (11:52:59 PM): oh right..i forgot about the picture
Raldage (11:53:08 PM): ?
Starry Nite7383 (11:53:21 PM): alright just a sec
Starry Nite7383 (11:56:24 PM): this would be much easier if i had a friggin scanner
Raldage (11:58:02 PM): of course
Starry Nite7383 (12:00:21 AM): not the world's greatest picture of a picture ever, but it'll do
Starry Nite7383 (12:00:23 AM): just a sec
Raldage (12:00:41 AM): very well
Starry Nite7383 (12:05:44 AM): my memory card reader is being goofy
Raldage (12:07:48 AM): It can wait...just post the story in your LJ
Lesse if *anyone* still looks at this at all...if y'all do i'm sorry there's never anything in it...but there was never much of substance before anyway :) so here's my first post in over a year..
stolen from laura:
if I don't know you that well, or haven't had that much contact with you, I'm not above making stuff up.
Post a comment here and...
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of Jello to pour all over us while we wrestle!
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and I.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal.
my drier just failed miserably at releasing the wrinkles like it said it would...i think its quite possibly more wrinkly...grr!
what was the last...
1. movie you rented: mmm....that would be Revenge of the Nerds, The Witches, and Painted Hero
2. movie you bought: heh, Larry the Cable Guy's DVD Git-R-Done
3. song you listened to: currently Suds in the Bucket by Sara Evans
4. song that was stuck in your head: Harry Potter music because they played it in the theatre before the movie last night
5. song you downloaded: mmmmm....there are many in the process....and since I'm not with my computer, I don't know for sure
6. cd you bought: (since I do actually purchase cds) Josh Gracin I Want to Live
7. cd you listened to: probably the last mixed cd I made...
8. person you called: home...to tell them I wasn't eaten by any bears
9. person that called you: Anna....cause she needed a phone number out of her address book
10. tv show you watched: oh jeez....I guess that would be Overhaulin' last week sometime....
11. person you were thinking of: mmm....Anna cause she called, Laura as I fill this out over her answers, Mike because he has my car, my gramma as she recovers at home from knee surgery....random other people as well...
1. you wish you could live somewhere else: right now at this particular moment...nope I like where I'm at and I think it would be awesome to live out here permanently
2. you think about suicide: only in the sense that I can't believe people would ever contemplate it....suicide is the chicken way out and it would affect too many other people besides just me to do something like that....
3. you believe in online dating: mmmmm.....it works for some....that's as far as I'll with that
4. others find you attractive: doubtful.....
5. you want more piercings: mmm....no I think that 7 holes in my ears are enough
6. you want more tattoos: mmm...I would love to get one more if I could just figure out where I want to put it....but until I get that far.....then nope...
7. you drink: 'course I do....water, lemonade, milk....oh you meant alcoholic stuff didn't you....only very rarely
8. you like cleaning: heh....I love to clean....just ask Laura
9. you like roller coasters: I love roller coasters...as a matter of fact, I get to go on some in a couple weeks!!!
10. you write in cursive or print: mmm....yes....it depends on my mood...its usually print with a bit of cursive run into it
11. you carry a donor card: yup
1. shampoo: Aussie Mega
2. perfume: Lucky
3. shoes: my Timberland clog-like things
4. are you scared of: losing people near and dear to me...failing....
1. name: Jacki....I could give you a list of current nicknames and screen names but I don't feel the need to
2. age: 21
3. birthday: July 3, 1983
4.location: currently? Casper Wyoming, 9 months out of the year Mt. Vernon, the other 3 my cornfield I call home
5. parents names: Don and Debby
6. Siblings names: Chris
7. pets names: Tessa and Boomer
8. appearance: 5'10", blue eyes, newly highlighted reddish-brown hair, farmer's tan, always glasses or I couldn't see...right now I'm in pajamas....
1. person you know: Adam from CnG
2. tv character: Laura's right.....that one scientist guy from CSI....he's godawful
3. movie character: ...the annoying *coolpopular* ditzes found in so many movies....
4. song: anything overplayed on the radio...it doesn't usually stay annoying...but it is for a while....other than that...anything by britney spears
which of your friends...
drinks the most: oh jeez....cause everyone I hang out with is a raging alcoholic....I don't know....
is the smartest: there are too many ways I define smart and thus too many different people to put here...so I plead the 5th
is the most athletic: Grant.....running, basketball, baseball....
will get married first: uhhhhh.....maybe Stacy? I dunno
has bad luck with the opposite sex: hehe....Anna as of late...:)
1. best genre: can't say.....I listen to too many to pick....and the best depends on what I want to hear at that moment.
2. worst genre: mmmm....maybe...I don't really know....
3. something you listen to that nobody else likes: mmmm....I guess I have various people who in some combination or another all listen to the same stuff I do....
4. most overplayed song: changes with time....right now, the remake of Hey, Good Lookin'
5. songs that should be played more: anything by Tracy Byrd
1. abortion: well, I think no matter what it's not fair to that child to take its life when it never even gets the chance....I'm of the opinion that there *are* some extreme cases where it is alright, but for the most part I think the baby should be carried to term and then you can put it up for adoption...there are too many people out there who want to have kids and can't...at least that gives them something too
2. death penalty: well...I'm not such a big fan of promoting killing people because they killed people, but I don't know....I guess I think having to sit in prison for the rest of life would be punishment enough for me
3. reality tv: pretty much a waste of good time
4. britney spears: gag me with a pitchfork...however, the physical scores behind her words are kinda cool sometimes
5. eminem: mmmm....wouldn't list him as a favorite, but some of his music is really kinda cool....but stress the *some*
6. napster: was ingenious for his time.....living on it other programs, and while I *do* download music, 9 times out of 10 I buy the cd anyway...
I'm updating my livejournal for the first time in over a month...and only because my entire house just shook!!!! holy crap....like not just in my imagination shook, but like things were rattling on the walls and my chair was moving...and i wasn't the only one to feel it...i was talking to one of my friends from here at home and he lives almost 10 miles away and we IM'd each other at the same time to say that our respective homes shook....so booyeah...big news in little Wenona....and also random sidenote sub B (libby this is for your) Chronicles of Riddick rocked my world! there was a shot of vin diesel literally steaming!!! plotline was a bit lacking, but the action and special effects more than made up for it...definitely a movie to be seen on the big screen......and Kenny Chesney was hot as ever Friday night :) and i have to get up in 5.5 hours....so I'm off to bed :) just thought everyone should know my whole world was shaken up tonight
or its really may....my computer is goofy